As an initiator of the «water» UNGA Resolutions, Tajikistan actively promotes water issues on the global agenda. In this context, the Government of Tajikistan in cooperation with the UN and other international organizations organized the following important international water events:
- The International Fresh Water Forum on 29 August – 1 September 2003, Dushanbe;
- The International Conference on Regional Cooperation in Trans-Boundary River Basins on 30 May – 1 June, 2005, Dushanbe;
- The International Conference on Water Related Disasters Reduction on 27-29 June 2008, Dushanbe;
- The High-Level International Conference on midterm comprehensive review of the implementation of the International Decade for Action “Water for Life”, 2005-2015 on 8-10 June 2010, Dushanbe;
- The Preparatory conference «Towards the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20): Water cooperation», 19-20 October 2011, Dushanbe;
- The High Level International Conference on Water Cooperation on 20-21 August 2013, Dushanbe;
- High Level International Conference on the implementation of the International Decade for Action “Water for Life”, 2005-2015, 9-11 June 2015, Dushanbe.